Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Grammy Witham's Banana Bread

The best recipes are those that are time tested. This recipe for banana bread (I just realized via spell check that it's not bannana- way to be an English teacher) is just such a recipe.

Grammy Witham was a close friend of my mom's. As a widow in our church, she offered her time to my mom and served her by doing our ironing. Not only did our clothes come back perfectly pressed, but they were usually accompanied by a loaf or two of Grammy's banana bread. It's the only banana bread I ate growing up, and it's the only banana bread recipe I use today. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!


Grammy Witham's Banana

3 Ripe banana's
1 cup sugar
1 or 2 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
1 1/3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
dash of salt
3/4 cups of nuts (optional)

1. Mash banana's; stir in sugar, eggs and butter.

2. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix.

3. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean.

No comments: