Friday, April 9, 2010

Cobb Salad with chili & Lime dressing



This is the third time I've sat down to write this post...let's see if I can finally finish! There are certain foods that I only think of making when the weather gets warm. This Cobb Salad with Chili & Lime dressing is one of them. I'm typically not a fan of Cobb Salad because I don't like the hard boiled eggs, so this is my version of Cobb Salad minus the eggs (ironic considering I STILL have hard boiled eggs left over from Easter). The salad itself is pretty basic, because really how complicated can a salad be?

I use the following to make two large salads that I plate individually, but it could be done in a salad bowl too:

Two hearts of Romaine Lettuce rinsed and chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 avocado cubed
1/2 a red onion chopped
1 cup of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese

What makes this salad is the dressing, which is a combination/variation on a couple of different recipes I've tried. The combination of flavors goes great with the salad without being overpowering.



Recipe for Chili & Lime Dressing:

1 Cup plain Greek style yogurt
1 lime juiced (approximately 3-4 Tablespoons)
1/2 Teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
1/8 Teaspoon Onion powder
1/8 Teaspoon Garlic powder

Mix together and serve over salad. Enjoy!

No comments: