Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Addicted to Fruit Dip

On Saturday I hosted a bridal shower for a friend of mine from work. I had so much fun planning this, and we all had so much fun celebrating her upcoming marriage with her!


My friends wedding colors are pink and green, which are just so fun to decorate with! I made chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting and had so much fun frosting them. Now, maybe I'm the only cupcake novice out there, but this was the first time that I used a cake decorating bag and tips to frost cupcakes. . . my life will never be the same. I will never frost cupcakes with a knife again! Not only was it super easy, but they came out looking oh, so cute!


Aside from the cupcakes, I am most excited about the new fruit dip recipe I found. I found a recipe for Double Chocolate Cinnamon Dip in one of my Pampered Chef Season's Best Recipe Collections and figured that chocolate and a group of women are always a good pairing. I had no idea that it would be the beginning of an addiction! The fruit dip was a total success, and since I had extra leftover. . . I have been compelled to eat the rest of it myself (not unwillingly, I assure you).

I've included the recipe below, but must warn you that once you make it, addictive behaviors may follow! Enjoy at you own risk!



Double Chocolate Cinnamon Dip

3 squares (1 ounce each) white chocolate for baking
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon and brown sugar mixture (an even amount of each)
1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons chocolate ice cream topping

7 cups of assorted fresh fruit for dipping (strawberries, apple or pear wedges, etc.) or cinnamon crunch chips

*Chill serving bowl ahead of time to help cool dip to serving temperature.
1. coarsely chop chocolate. Place in a microwave safe bowl along with half of the whipped topping. Microwave, uncovered on high 1 minute or until melted and smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval.
2. In a small bowl, combine chocolate mixture and cream cheese; whisk until smooth. Fold in remaining whipped topping and cinnamon sprinkle.
3. Spread half of the dip into serving bowl; drizzle with 1/4 cup of the chocolate ice cream topping. Spread to form an even layer. Top with remaining dip; spread to form a smooth surface. Drizzle the remaining 2 Tablespoons of ice cream topping (microwave if necessary to achieve a consistency that will drizzle). Drizzle in a spiral pattern over dip. Drag a wooden pick through ice cream topping to form a swirled pattern.

No comments: