Monday, January 23, 2012

Blue Cheese Makes Everything Better

 So, this recipe is super simple, but it was just what I needed to get me in the mood to blog. Because, really, if blue cheese isn't the cure-all, what is? Now, I  generally try to eat fairly healthy (says the girl who just finished an ice cream sundae...um, yeah). But, I have a serious weakness for blue cheese. Whether it's dressing, sprinkled on a salad, or (my personal favorite) the Wild Blue Yonder burger at the Taste Pilot in California Adventure, I just can't resist it.

 In our house burgers are what I consider a staple, easy meal. I do the prep work, my husband does the grilling, and we're good to go! I'm always looking for ways to make burgers at home a little more exciting though, and the addition of blue cheese is one of my favorite ways to do this. What I like about this recipe is that the blue cheese is cooked into the burger, not just put on top. The result is that the blue cheese melts more and the flavors mix together perfectly. Just Wonderful!



Recipe:
1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 to 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheee
1 medium red onion, slice crosswise
Olive oil
1 cup baby spinach


1. In a bowl combine beef, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Shape into eight, four inch diameter patties.
2. Place 1 tablespoon of blue cheese into the center of four of the patties. Top with remaining four patties and pinch to seal the edges.
3. Brush onions slices with olive oil
4. Place burgers and onions on grill over medium heat.
5. Serve burgers on buns with grilled onions, spinach and remaining blue cheese.

Enjoy!


No comments: