Thursday, September 8, 2011

Stuffed Green Peppers

So to be honest, this is probably not a recipe any of you in Southern California want to make right now due to the hot temps. I know I should be used to hot weather in September by now, but 103 degrees? are you kidding me!?
I made this recipe a few weeks ago (when believe it or not the temperatures were MUCH cooler!) and have been meaning to blog about it. This recipe comes from my mom, and even now I can picture the faded recipe card (circa 1980) that it is written on. It makes for a simple, all in one, dish.





Stuffed Green Peppers

Ingredients:
6 Green Peppers
1 pound ground beef
2 teaspoons chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooked rice
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
15 ounce can tomato sauce

1. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds; boil in water for 5 minutes and drain.
2. Cook beef, onion, and salt together; drain grease and mix in 1 cup tomato sauce and rice.
3. Stand peppers in baking dish and stuff with beef mixture. Pour remaining tomato sauce over tops.
4. cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments: